Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sippin' on Sunshine



        Peter Som Spring 2011                                                  Emilio De La Morena Spring 2011 
Christian Dior Spring 2011
What screams summer louder than bright sunshine yellow? I can't think of a better way to ring in this seasons hot weather than with a little trip down the yellow brick road! After a trip to Affordable Textiles on Queen West in Toronto, I put my sewing and pattern-making skills to work and created this gorgeous yellow dress out of cotton jersey, which I paired up with my favorite leopard heels. Bright yellow can be seen all over the spring 2011 runways including Christian Dior, Peter Som, and Emilio De La Morena, to name a few. If you're wondering how to accessorize such a bright colored outfit, try simple nude or add contrast with a touch of baby blue. 

Photos Courtesy of Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment